Saturday 23 January 2010

South Pacific

Yesterday I delivered a workshop to some of the "Elderberries" at Alnwick Gardens. For some time I have been recycling old LPs, embellishing them with collage and stitch to create new works of art which can be framed or propped up. I sell them from my studio and they make fantastic gifts. This workshop was initiated by Highlights who are supporting my "Thrift and Thread" exhibition which will be touring Northumberland, Cumbria and County Durham in the Spring ( More details at www.highlightsnorth.co.uk )
The participants were each given an LP to decorate and here are some of the results. The LPs will be on show at the Pegswood venue where there will also be a performance by some of the Elderberry dancers using tracks from the LPs.


Here is some of my own work

Mandy Pattullo

Mandy Pattullo



Mandy Pattullo

.......and here is the work of some of the Elderberries


Johanna Rackham

Angela Tait

Maura Stephenson

Molly Shepherd

Anne Purdy

Tracy Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment