Sunday 19 August 2018

Revisiitng the maidens

I was so pleased to yesterday return to Old St Stephens, Fylingdales. This perfect little church on a headland overlooking Robin Hood's Bay was so inspirational to me 10 years ago and I had a solo exhibition in the church in response to the Maiden's Garlands which are still hanging at the back of the church. My exhibition work can be seen HERE.
Nothing has changed and I was amazed to see that a replica garland I made then is still hanging at the front of the church and is ageing nicely. Hope it will still be there in 100 years time along with those of the four dead girls. If you are in North Yorkshire do go and visit the info is HERE


The four maiden's garlands


My maiden's garland hanging in the church for the last 10 years


view from the pulpit




Elizabeth Harland's grave. One of the garlands was made for her

No comments:

Post a Comment