Monday 21 January 2013

Shoes




This is a collograph print which I have made from a drawing in my sketchbook.A collograph print is made from a sheet of card on to which you have glued textures and made marks. It allows you to work in an abstract painterly way but also to construct quite detailed "drawn" prints from just basically cutting and sticking.
I will be teaching a shoe collograph course on Tuesday evenings from Tuesday February 26th at Horsley Printmakers. In this course we will celebrate our relationship with shoes. Whether it is shoes that you covet, a favourite pair of trainers, party shoes or children's shoes you will be able to use these as an inspirational starting point for printmaking. I have developed this theme myself through drawing, sketchbooks and prints and I will provide a wealth of visual information as well as the technical know how to get you going. Over the 4 sessions you will make several plates, produce numerous prints using oil based inks and be shown how to roll colours over the top to give your prints that added zing. If you have been on my evening classes before you know that you can use these sessions to develop your own ideas if you wish.
To book please do not contact me but go through the Horsley Printmakers web site.

Here are some pages from my own shoe sketchbook.






No comments:

Post a Comment