Monday 25 June 2018

Thread and Thrift place on course

A place has come up for my THREAD AND THRIFT course at The Hearth, Horsley, Northumberland on Sun 8th July. It is £50 for the day including materials. If you are interested please contact me through my website. here is the course description
"I have great respect for the culture of thrift and make do and mend practiced by previous generations in domestic settings and I try to continue this tradition by using what I already have, buying only second hand or incorporating gifted fabrics. Every piece of old fabric or needlework has a story to tell, particularly those created and found through unpicking old pieces of quilt and I collage these little bits of preciousness together into new patchworks which are further embellished with carefully chosen and lovingly work hand stitching. In this workshop you will build up one beautiful collage using old and new materials but if you want to turn it into something more functional I will also show you how to turn it into a little keepsake bag."




No comments:

Post a Comment